|Tidy room taken from PINTEREST.|
1) Make Your Bed As soon as you get up in the morning, make your bed. 1 minute
2) Hang Up Clothes As soon as you change clothes, put them in laundry bag, hang them up, or put in a drawer. 1 minute
3) Put Stuff Back Always put everything in its place after using it. 1 minute
4) Wash Dishes Whenever you use any dishes, rinse and put in dishwasher or wash and put away. 1 minute
5) Sort paper Sort any mail or paper as soon as it comes into the house. 1 minute
6) Wipe Spills Whenever you spill something, clean up right away. 1 minute
Do this for 28 days and they will become automatic, like brushing your teeth. Most will take UNDER a minute and when you realize (while you're doing them ) that they take such little time and effort and make lighter work later, you will LOVE these new habits! Not only will you have a tidy house but that will create a tidy mind.
So why do these 6 habits make a big difference? Each one is something that involves something you do every day: you get out of bed, you change clothes, you eat and use dishes, you have mail every day. If you can conquer THESE habits, the things that you do every day, day in and day out, your messes won't build up. You will keep things under control. And once you get a taste of this kind of discipline you will gain momentum to move onto the next thing.