|Flowers from Pinterest|
There are a lot of organizing blogs and web sites out there but I decided to start this one to help me get MYSELF back on the organizing track as well as share some things that have helped me be more organized over the years. I've kind of yo-yo'd back and forth like a diet with being organized. I was the MOST organized when my kids were growing up because I felt I HAD to be to maintain my sanity with all the busyness of an active household!
But if I go back even further I was a very orderly little girl. My room was ALWAYS neat and organized. I made my bed before I even got out of it! I had a happy, secure childhood and I think that my desire to keep things in my personal little world happy and ordered reflected that.
My disorganized years were: when the kids had moved out and I was working full time ( more about THAT crazy lifestyle later ); and when my husband retired and we "relaxed" a bit too much. Having run the gamut of the organizing cycle, I've learned some things that I'd like to share about the benefits and thus the JOY of being organized:
10 BENEFITS OF BEING ORGANIZED
1) Being organized brings CALM, SERENITY, and BEAUTY to your home.
2) Being organized FLOWS OVER into other areas of your life including your finances.
3) Being organized helps you be more IN CONTROL of your life.
4) Being organized gives you a lot MORE TIME to do what you want.
5) Being organized helps you and your family FEEL HAPPIER and MORE SECURE.
6) Being organized helps you to REMEMBER important things.
7) Being organized helps you live more IN THE PRESENT MOMENT.
8) Being organized helps you to ENJOY LIFE more.
9) Being organized brings ORDER to your life
10 ) Being organized helps you APPRECIATE the DETAILS and LOVELY things in life.
|Flowers from Pinterest|
With a list like that of the good things that organizing can bring, how can anyone NOT want to get organized. Right? But wait... I'll not only be sharing about being organized in your home, car, and yard ( the SPACES in your life ) but bringing ORDER to your WHOLE LIFE including your time and your finances. But wait... ( OK now I'm sounding like those TV commercials ) I'll also be sharing how to know when to LET GO and RELAX and ENJOY your life and home! Can you REALLY have it ALL? YOU BETCHA!
One of the" themes" that will be running through my blog here is to always add beauty to your home and life. So I've added some spring flowers here for you to enjoy!